October is National CyberSecurity Awareness month. TheBANK
will share tips and resources below to help you protect
- 556 million adults were victims of cybercrime in
Check out these 8 tips for protecting your identity.
10 tips for keeping your mobile device secure
7 tips for protecting yourself online
- Think you’ve encountered a scam? Forward the email
to the Federal Trade Commission (@FTC) at
- FACT: 1 in 20 consumers were victims of ID fraud
- FACT: 68 percent of people with public social media
profiles share their birthday. Keep private info,
- FACT: Identity theft has topped the FTC's list of
consumer complaints for the last 12 years.
- Did you know 7 percent of smartphone users were
victims of identity fraud? Protect yourself. Secure your
- 62 percent of smartphone users don't use a password
on their home screen. Protect your mobile device. Set a
- 32 percent of smartphone users save login
information on their device. Protect yourself. Never
store passwords on your phone.
- 132 days = Avg. time it took adults 18-24 to realize
they were victims of ID theft. Monitor your bank
- 18 = victims of cybercrime per second, according to
the 2012 Norton Cybercrime Report.
- A strong password is at least 8 characters and
includes upper & lowercase letters, numbers & special
- 46 percent of online adults fell victim to malware,
viruses, hacking or scams in 2012